How do I setup wireless WiFi network on my Xhibit device?
How do I setup WiFi on my Xhibit device?
- After your device loads to the desktop, you will be able to set up a wireless internet connection, if your network supports it. The Xhibit has a built-in WiFi adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect to a network. This knowledgebase article will guide you through the proper steps to connect your device to your desired network.
What You'll Need:
- Xhibit device
- Network with wireless access
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- Display device
If you have all of the above, then simply follow the steps below to configure WiFi!
Connecting to your Network
- Move your attention to the top right corner of the display on the toolbar, the WiFi symbol should look like an outline. Click on the desired network you would like to connect to.
- If you do not see the toolbar at the top of your screen, press ALT+TAB on your keyboard to temporarily switch away from your signage. Your signage may re-open after 30 seconds, but you can press ALT+TAB once again to switch away from it and continue the Wifi setup.
- If your network is unprotected then you will automatically connect to the network (note: unprotected networks are not recommended), otherwise a window asking you to type in your password will pop up.
- If you know your WiFi password then enter it in.
- If you have not yet changed your password or simply do not know it, the manufacturer has a default password on the wireless router that you can enter in. It can be found on the bottom or on the back of the device.
- After you type in your password, click connect and then you will be connected!
- Tip - click show password to ensure you type more complicated passwords in correctly, but be aware that onlookers can see your password, over your shoulder, as well.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/