How do I use SFTP file transfer to upload my Media?
How do I use SFTP file transfer to upload my Media?If you are interested in automatic updates for your media over time, but don't want to leave the media out in an open or public facing server, we offer use of either SFTP or TFP/SSL.
*Note: We recommend use of SFTP, as it is more amenable to networks using firewalls, and is less likely to fail in general.
How to add media via SFTP:
- When you are initially uploading your media, simply select the Secure FTP option on the right, alongside the "File from Web URL" and "Local File Path" options.
- From here you will need to enter the URL/IP address of the server you would like to select the media from, set the port it will connect via (22 is the default port for SFTP, FTPS uses 21 or 990), enter your username and password for the fileserver, and select the particular protocol you will be using.
- Once you have selected the proper settings, you can connect to your server with the "Select Items" button. This will open a file system window and allow you to select the particular media you would like to add.
- When you have picked the media you want to upload, be sure to select how often you want our system to check in for changes to the media with the "Media Update Duration" options.
- Once everything is set up, select save, and the media will be added to your library.