Flex (Android) Setup Guide
1. Before you begin - Xhibit Flex requirements
- Purchase a supported Android device
- Highly recommended: Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV
- Also supported: Android devices running Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Wired ethernet network connection (highly recommended) or available WiFi network
- Purchase an Mvix Xhibit Flex software license (contact your Mvix Solutions Consultant for more information)
2. Set up your Android device
- Connect the following components to your Android device:
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Ethernet network cable (highly recommended)
- Power supply
- On first boot, you will be greeted with a welcome screen and various additional steps (these may vary):
- Network setup
- Google account sign-in
- Google terms and conditions
- Disable automatic sleep mode
- In Settings, navigate to the “About” section
- Highlight “Build” or “Build number” and select it repeatedly until a message appears saying “you are now a developer” or something to that effect. (Other messages may appear on the screen before this occurs.)
- Go back to the main Settings menu, and select the new “Developer options” section.
- Select “General”, then set “Stay awake” to On.
3. Install the Mvix Xhibit Flex Android app
- Mvix Technical Support staff will ask for your Google account email address, so that we can enroll your Google account in the Beta opt-in program.
- After your account has been enrolled, go to the following link to opt into the Beta testing program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.xhibitfirmware
- After your Google account has been enrolled, you can install the Xhibit Flex Digital Signage app in one of 2 ways:
- Easiest - open the Google Play Store app on your device, search for “Xhibit Flex Digital Signage” and install the app.
- Other option - on your desktop PC, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xhibitfirmware. You can then click on the “Install” button and install remotely to your Android device.
4. Activate your device
- On your Android device, open the newly installed “Xhibit Flex Digital Signage” app.
- The app will continue loading, and then you will be presented with the activation screen:
- At this point, use another PC/Mac or mobile device and go to https://www.xhibitsignage.com/activate to complete the device activation form
- The Mvix Technical Support team will review your activation details and set up your client account along with your device registration - this process is usually completed within 1 business day
- Once your device is activated, the activation screen will disappear, and the device will begin playing Mvix sample content
5. Schedule Your Content
- Your device setup is now complete, and you can access https://www.xhibitsignage.com using your account login credentials
- Moving forward, you will use XhibitSignage to schedule and manage your devices and their playback content
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/