How Does My Bandwidth Work?
This article gives you information about bandwidth in XhibitSignage.
What You'll Need
- An Xhibit signage device
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application with supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply read below to learn more about bandwidth.
Your account will have a "balance" of bandwidth that gets "charged" each time your traffic goes to or from our server. Think of your bandwidth limit as a bank account, and each file that you transfer will be like a debit from that account. There are 3 actions that will remove bandwidth from your remaining limit:
- Uploading files from your local hard drive. The file size of this file will be removed from your remaining account bandwidth. If you had 10 GB and you uploaded 1GB of data, you will have 9 GB remaining at this time.
- Downloading files from our XhibitSignage Server to your Xhibit devices. If you download 1GB of data to 8 of your players, you will be charged 1GB x 8 players= 8GB. At this point, this will be deducted from your bandwidth allocation remaining. 9GB-8GB= 1GB remaining.
- Screenshots, logs, diagnostics. When the device checks in to our server, it sends a small amount of data to confirm that it is still online and active, and sends a small resolution screenshot of what is appearing on your screen. This data is negligible; you could upload over 1000 screenshots to our servers without significantly affecting your bandwidth limitation.
With that explained, you may review your usage of bandwidth to identify why and how your bandwidth has been used up on your account. Accidental, partial or corrupted uploads or downloads also are charged against your bandwidth, so that is why we put safeguards against these failures on the CMS. To prevent these bandwidth problems being a surprise, you can track your bandwidth usage on your account.
- Once logged in, click on your username in the top-right-hand corner.
- Once the pop up appears near your username, click the “PROFILE” button.
For more information about bandwidth or questions on increasing your bandwidth allocation, please contact our solutions consultants at 866-310-4923 or fill out the contact form at http://www.mvixusa.com/contact/
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/