After creating a playlist, the next step is to create a schedule for your media. This will allow you to then take those media files and display them with preset timings and durations. The following knowledge base article explains how to create recurring schedules on XhibitSigange.
What You'll Need
- Mvix Xhibit
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application
- Internet Connectivity
- Media library with content you wish to schedule
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to create a playlist with your content.
Creating a Schedule
- Step 1: Ensure that the Status is checked as "Active" (default is checked) and then enter a Name for your schedule.
- Step 2: Next, configure the hours when you would like the content to play (24 hrs will need to be unchecked in order to modify the times). Move right and check the days of the week when you'd like your schedule to play.
- Step 3: Select the date range for your schedule by clicking the dropdown menu and choosing the desired days. You can choose from a preset range or alternatively enter a custom date range in the fields below ("All Dates" will need to be unchecked in order to modify the dates).
- Step 4: Move below to the "Playback Content" section and click "Select Content" to choose your desired content. This will bring up a selection window where you can assign either Media, Playlists, or Templates. (Media is a single full screen file, Playlist is a array of full screen files, and Template is a group of custom-sized files and zones).
- Step 5: Lastly, select the devices you'd like to receive your schedule by clicking the + icon in the right column. Once a device has been select, it will appear in the "Devices" box on the bottom left.
Configuring a Recurring Schedule
Alternatively, you can create weekly schedules, weekend schedules, and multiple schedules in the same day.
Configuring Specific Days
- To create a recurring schedule that displays on a certain day of the week, please review the screenshot to the left.
- Notice that the Time and Dates sections are left at the default which are 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The only change that has been made is deselecting all days of the week and selecting the desired day of the week. In this example, Monday.
- To ensure that you have access to edit the Days section, be sure to turn off the "All" radio button to give you access
Configuring Multiple Schedules in a day
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/