The radio widget gives you the capability to integrate radio with your digital signage players.
What You'll Need
- An Xhibit signage device
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application with supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the Radio Widget.
Using the Radio Widget
- On the Xhibit Signage Add Media page, click on the "Web" tab
- Choose the "Radio" option from the selections.
- The first thing you'll want to do with the Radio Widget is Select a Source.
- There are different types of sources you can choose for the Radio Widget which include News, Sports, and even a Custom source.
- For a custom source, you will need to paste a URL for the desired Radio Station.
- To find a custom Radio Station, you will need to do a search on the Internet for Streaming Radio Stations. Once you have done so, copy the link and paste it in the URL Field.
- Before saving the custom Radio Station to your media library, make sure to verify that the radio station is compatible with the CMS by means of previewing it. If it is not compatible, please search for an alternate source.
- One custom source for Radio Stations is www.shoutcast.com
- When you have found the station that you desire to add to the CMS, click on the download button, and select the "Any player (.m3u)" option
- After downloading the .m3u file, you will want to locate it in your File manager
- Once you have located it, right-click on the file and choose to open it in a text editor.(Ex: notepad)
- After opening the .m3u file in a text editor, you will want to copy and paste the url as shown in the image
- Next, what you will want to do is select the theme that you would like to use for the Radio Widget.
- You can preview the Radio Widget before saving by clicking on the Preview button
- Give this instance of the Radio Widget a Name/Title, click Save and begin using this Radio Widget with your Digital Signage Player(s)!
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/