How do I use the Radio Widget?
The radio widget gives you the capability to integrate radio with your digital signage players.
Using the Radio Widget
- On the Xhibit Signage Add Media page, click on the "Web" tab.
- Next, you will want to choose a source (there are different types of sources you can choose from which include Rock, Pop, Jazz, News, Sports, Custom source and so on).
- Note: For a custom source, you will need to paste a URL for the desired Radio Station. To find a custom Radio Station, you will need to do a search on the Internet for Streaming Radio Stations. Once you have done so, copy the link and paste it in the URL Field.
- Before saving the custom Radio Station to your media library, verify that the radio station is compatible with the CMS by previewing it. If it is not compatible, simply search for an alternate source.
- One custom source for Radio Stations is www.shoutcast.com.
- When you have found the station that you desire to add to the CMS, click on the download button, and select the "Any player (.m3u)" option.
- After downloading the .m3u file, you will want to locate it in your File manager.
- Once you have located it, right-click on the file and choose to open it in a text editor (ie: Notepad).
- After opening the .m3u file in a text editor, you will want to copy and paste the url, as shown in the following image:
- Give the Radio Widget a Name/Title and finally click "Save." You may now begin using the Radio Widget with your Digital Signage Player(s)!
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/