How Do I Use My Emergency Alerts Feature?
When using your Emergency Alerts Feature you can send a multitude of different alerts over your digital signage. Those alerts can be anything from A fire, to Tornadoes, to even Terror alerts. It is easy to use since it can be updated and issued from any standard web-browser.
Adding your Emergency Alert Media
- The first step to adding your customized emergency alert media is going to the add media page under the media tab..
- Once you are in the add media page you will want to look for the Premium tab.
- After you are inside the Premium tab you will want to make sure you click the Alert System Icon that has a Exclamation point inside a Triangle.
- Once you have clicked the Alert System Icon you will want to select your alert type as explained in the next section..
- Once you are inside of the Emergency Alert section of the add media section you will want to either customize existing alerts or add your own personal alert.
- To create your own custom alert simply click on the smiling face icon.
- Once you have clicked the custom icon then you will want to click the Select theme button in order to add a custom theme.
- The final step to adding your own custom emergency alert is to click the preview button to see how your alert looks.
- Once you have previewed your custom emergency alert you will want to give it a name or title.
- After you have named your custom emergency alert you will want to save your alert.
Associating Emergency Alert Media with your devices.
- Once inside the device library you will want to decide which media you wish to assign with which device.
- You have the option to assign the same media to all devices, or to individual devices.
- Once you have decided which device to work with first you will want to click the Square Icon that looks like the letter i.
- Clicking this Icon will help you to associate the desired alerts to the specified device.
- Once you have decided on which Alert Type to assign Media to it will populate with the different alerts you have published.
- Once you click the edit button a list of media files that you have published for the various alert types will populate under that specific sub category.
- After you have decided on your desired Alert Media you will want to click the OK button.
Using your Emergency Alert Feature
- After you have added your own custom emergency alerts or modified pre-existing alerts you will then want to go to the alert system.
- This step shows you how to trigger the emergency alerts in time of need so please before activating these alerts make sure there is a need for these alerts or if you wish to test them let everyone know so as to not induce panic.
- To trigger the alerts you will want to go to the controls tab, and click the tab Alert System.
- Once inside the Alert system it will give you several different options to trigger the emergency alerts.
- Once you have decided on using a pre-existing alert or your own custom alert you will click the desired alert.
- Once you have chosen the desired alert it will open a box for you to choose specific devices that have had emergency alerts activated.
- Once you have chosen the desired devices to activate the alerts on it will then ask you for the admin password to activate.
- Once you have selected the devices, and entered your password in order to enable the emergency alert on your devices.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/