Your device should be preconfigured with the correct timezone when you receive it. In the event you switch locations and the system timezone is no longer accurate, you can change the timezone by following these steps.
What You'll Need
- An Xhibit signage device
- Physical access to the Xhibit signage device
- A computer mouse
- A keyboard
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to change the timezone.
Changing the Timezone
- Start the Xhibit and wait for your signage to display. Now plug a mouse and a keyboard into the two USB ports on the side.
- On the keyboard, press and hold down the "Alt" key.
- With the "Alt" key held down, press the "Tab" key and then release both keys.
- If you do not see a "Tab" key, look for a key with two arrows pointing in different directions as shown in the image.
- Entering Alt+Tab should make a menu bar appear. Click on the time shown on the menu bar.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Time & Date settings..."
- In the window that pops up, click on the "Location" text box and delete all the text that is already there.
- Type in the name of a nearby city.
- Click on the option that matches the location you wanted, i.e. Los Angeles, CA instead of Los Angeles, TX.
- Click on the red "X" button on the top left corner of the "Time & Date" window.
- Now reboot your device. When your device starts again, the time zone should be correct.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/