The Events widget is fully compatible with Microsoft Outlook calendars. However, you will need to export your calendar for it to be usable by XhibitSignage. This article will show you how to export an Outlook calendar and import it into the XhibitSignage CMS to be used by the Events widget.
What You'll Need
- A PC running Windows
- Microsoft Outlook
- NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL USES SCREENSHOTS FROM WINDOWS 7 AND OUTLOOK 2016. THE STEPS NEEDED TO EXPORT YOUR CALENDAR MAY BE DIFFERENT IF YOU ARE RUNNING A DIFFERENT VERSION OF WINDOWS OR OUTLOOK.
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to import your Outlook calendar into the Events widget.
Importing Your Calendar
- Start up Outlook and click on the Calendar icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on the "File" menu in the top-left corner.
- Select "Save Calendar" from the list.
- Click on the "More Options..." button in the dialog box that appears.
- Select "Specify Dates..." from the "Date Range" drop-down menu. Choose the scheduled date of the event you want to import into XhibitSignage.
- Select "Full details" from the "Detail" drop-down menu.
- Give the calendar a name and click "Save".
- Log in to XhibitSignage.com and go to the "Add Media" page. Click on the "Local" section and click on the icon for the Events widget.
- Scroll down and select "Import File" for the Event Source. Click on the "Select File" button to open a file selector dialog box.
- Go to where you saved your calendar file in Outlook (Should be in the "Documents" folder) and double-click on the calendar file.
- Now give this event a title and click on "Save". You should now be able to add your event to a schedule on XhibitSignage.com.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/