Should I use a wired connection or a wireless connection for my Xhibit?
Should I use a wired connection or a wireless connection for my Xhibit?The Xhibit family of digital signage devices are able to connect to both wired and wireless networks. The type of network that you should connect to will depend on your needs. This article will discuss the benefits and challenges that are part of both network types.
A wired ethernet connection is strongly recommended for the Xhibit Video Input and Xhibit Video Wall models and is preferred for all other models of Xhibit signage devices.
A wireless connection provides a simple way to connect your signage devices to our XhibitSignage platform. However, the simple setup comes at the cost of reliability.
- Very easy to set up
- Slower than a wired connection
- Connection may drop intermittently
- Less secure than a wired connection
- Wi-Fi vs. Ethernet: Which you should use and why
- Wired vs. Wireless Networking | Pace University
- Wired vs. Wireless in the Enterprise
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/