Our Media Converter application provides an easy way for you to convert your video files that are not supported by the Xhibit family of signage devices into a format that they will accept.
What You'll Need
- A PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later
- NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL USES SCREENSHOTS FROM WINDOWS 7. THE STEPS NEEDED TO CONVERT YOUR MEDIA MAY BE DIFFERENT IF YOU ARE RUNNING A DIFFERENT VERSION OF WINDOWS.
- The Media Converter application
- A video file to convert
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to convert your video content.
Converting Your Video Content
- Download the Media Converter application using the link provided above.
- Open up the "Media Converter" zip file by double clicking it.
- Click on the "Extract all" button near the top of the window.
- Click on the "Browse..." button
- Click on the "Documents" option in the sidebar.
- Click on the "OK" button to select the destination.
- Now click on the "Extract" button. After the zip file has been extracted, a new window will pop up.
- Go into the "Media Converter" folder in the window that just appeared by double clicking on it.
- Double click on the "Media Converter" application to start converting your videos.
- Once you've started the Media Converter, click on the downward-pointing triangle at the end of the "Preset:" selection box. Choose either 1080p or 4K video from the option list that appears. This tutorial will use the 1080p option.
- NOTE: 4K VIDEO IS ONLY SUPPORTED BY THE XHIBIT 4K SIGNAGE SYSTEM.
- After you select your preset, click on the "Use Source Folder" checkbox to check it.
- Click on the "Add" button. A dialog box will pop up.
- Browse to the folder where your unsupported video is located. Click once on the video you want to convert and then click on the "Open" button.
- Click on the "Convert" button to start the conversion process. A black text window will pop up and it will close itself once the conversion is finished. After this conversion window disappears, your unsupported video will be converted to a supported format and ready for you to upload it to XhibitSignage.com.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/