How Do I Use Queue Management on XhibitSignage.com?
The Queue Management Widget allows you to display a set of data in an ordered format similar to a waiting list.
What You'll Need
- An Xhibit Signage Device
- Access to the XhibitSignage CMS with supported feature package
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to setup Queue Management in your CMS.
Creating the Queue Management Widget
- Begin by selecting the columns to use for your queue. Click and drag any columns to add them to your layout.
- Any columns added will be shown in the widget when it is displayed.
- From here you will then give your Queue a Title, Description, and Footer.
- You will also change the column names to better suit your needs.
Populating the Queue Management Widget
- As you begin to customize your Queue widget, you'll click in the Plus Icon.
- At the bottom of queue page you'll see fields where you can create a new entry. Type in any required text and click the save button on the right to add it to your queue. This will update your queue widget whenever new entries are created.
- Alternatively you can Import data as a csv file. However please do note that any data in the first row is reserved for the Header of the queue.
- When you're ready to upload a csv file simply click the Upload file button (1). And this will open up a window for you to import your file. Once your file is uploaded it will automatically populate the fields for you and will even allow you to continually add more items via the previous method of manual adding.
- You will also note the HTML button (2). This button opens up a live preview of your queue in a separate tab. This will continue to update as you add more items to the queue.
- Another button to take note of is the Preview button (3) which will show you a static preview of your queue.
- Lastly is the Reset Queue button (4). This button will erase all data inside the current queue brining it back to its original state of no data.
Reviewing Your Work
- The last step after adding all your different data would be to preview it.
- To check your final work you will want to open a HTML preview as shown in the previous step to see how it will play and appear on your device.
- After everything is playing properly you will want to publish your Queue to a device then re-open the Queue Control tab in order to continue adding or removing different items.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/