How do I add Picasa Web Albums to XhibitSignage?
One of the advantages of XhibitSignage is the wide variety of supported media content. Among them is the ability to integrate Picasa Web Albums into your media library for use in Playlists and Schedules. If you have a Picasa account and a web album you wish to use, you can add it in just a few quick steps. The following knowledgebase article explains how to add a Picasa Web Album to XhibitSignage.com.
What You'll Need
- Mvix Xhibit
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application
- Internet Connectivity
- Picasa account & web album
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to add a Picasa Web Album to XhibitSignage.com.
Adding a Picasa Web Album
- Find and select the album you wish to upload.
- In the URL bar, make a note of the long number string after picasaweb.google.com. This is the User ID
- In the URL Bar, make a note of the Album Name. This is the name of the album you are viewing without any spaces, and it appears after the User ID in the web address
- If you have correctly navigated to the album, the web address will look like this: https://picasaweb.google.com/UserID/AlbumName
- In the "User ID" field, copy and paste the User ID from earlier - this is the string found immediately after picasaweb.google.com
- In the "Album ID" field, put the name of the album you wish to upload. This is found in the URL immediately after the User ID (after the long string).
- Optionally, you can adjust the refresh time to control how frequently the widget will check for updates. Once you're satisfied with your changes, click "Save".
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/