The Xhibit has a built-in WiFi adaptor that allows you connect to virtually any type of network. While Xhibit comes configured to DHCP by default, many users need to assign a static IP for security purposes. The following knowledge base article explains how to setup a static IP address on your Xhibit device.
Finding Wireless Setup
- Click the Network Manager applet on your taskbar. Choose "Edit Connections..." from the drop-down menu.
- If you cannot see the taskbar, press and hold Alt, and press Tab to switch to the desktop.
- Click on the either "Wired Connection 1" or the name of the wireless network you want to connect to, depending on whether or not you are using a wired connection.
- Click on the "Options" button on the side.
Selecting IPv4 Settings
- A new window will appear with the options for your connection. Select the "IPv4 Settings" Tab.
Editing IPv4 Settings
- In this tab, select the "Manual" option from the "Method" drop-down menu.
Adding Static IP
- To configure a Static IP Address for your device, Press the "Add" button to the right of the "Addresses" header.
Editing Static IP Addresses
- An editable row in the "Addresses" table should have been added. Enter your desired IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway under the appropriate columns.
- Enter your custom DNS server in the "Additional DNS Servers" text box, if applicable. If not, leave it blank.
- Click the "Save" button to Save your changes.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/