The Xhibit has a built-in WiFi adapter which allows you to connect to any type of network. While Xhibit, by default, is configured to DHCP, many users need to assign a static IP for security purposes. The following knowledgebase article explains how to setup a static IP address on your Xhibit device.
Finding Wireless Setup
- Click the Wireless Setup icon on your taskbar (shown above).
- Click on "Wired" (shown in the image above) or the name of the wireless network you desire to connect to, depending on whether or not you are using a wired connection.
- Next, click on the "Options" button on the bottom right side (marked in red).
Selecting IPv4 Settings
- A new window will appear with the options for your connection. Select the "IPv4 Settings" tab.
- In this tab, select the "Manual" option from the "Method" drop-down menu, by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right.
Adding Static IP
- To configure a Static IP Address for your device, press the "Add" button to the right of the "Addresses" header.
- An editable row in the "Addresses" table should have been added. Enter your desired IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway under the appropriate columns.
- Enter your custom DNS server in the "Additional DNS Servers" text box, if applicable. If there is no custom DNS server, then leave it blank.
- Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/