What is the Tagging Function and How Does It Work in Xhibit Signage?
The tagging function in Xhibit Signage is designed to improve search results for media by using any number of words or 'tags' associated with that content. Users can filter their media library to show only those files that have been tagged with that term, or multiple terms if desired. This method of categorizing is very similar to Groups, except that more than one tag can be applied to a file.
- Tags are first applied when uploading files, and can then be changed later at anytime by editing that particular file.
- First, login to your Xhibit account, hover your mouse over "Media" tab and click "Add Media" to begin uploading content. Choose your selected file to upload and once it has been added, move to the bottom right corner where the "tag" field can be seen.
- Type any desired tags in the "tag" field shown. Make sure to separate tags with a comma. These could be any terms you would intuitively associate with this media. The idea is that later, you can search for 1 or 2 or even 3 words, and any media containing the "tags" will be shown. This provides for a granular level of control over search results.
- Click "save" when finished to upload your file with the chosen tag(s). This file will now be searchable by these terms.
- Once a media file has been tagged with a particular term, you can then search for this term in the searchbar near the top of the account page. Click the magnifying icon in the top next to your username.
- A dropdown menu will appear where you can enter your tag(s), as well as optionally restrict the search to media, playlists, schedules, etc. Click enter and the search will then execute.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/