How do I setup WiFi on my Xhibit device?After your device loads to the desktop, you will be able to set up a wireless internet connection if your network supports it. The Xhibit has a built-in WiFi adapter allowing you to connect wirelessly to a network. This knowledgebase article will guide you through the steps to connect your device to your desired network.
What You'll Need
- Xhibit device
- Network with wireless access
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- Display device
If you have all of the above, simply follow the steps below to configure WiFi!
Connecting to your Network
- Move your attention to the top right corner of the display on the toolbar, the WiFi symbol should just look like an outline. Click on the desired network you would like to connect to.
- If you do not see the toolbar at the top of your screen, press ALT+F4 on your keyboard to temporarily close your signage. Your signage may re-open after about 30 seconds, but you can press ALT+F4 once again to close it and continue the Wifi setup.
- You can press ALT+TAB to "switch" from the active running signage to your wireless setup as well.
- If your network is unprotected then you will automatically connect to the network (unprotected networks are not recommended), otherwise a window asking you to type in your password will pop up.
- If you know your WiFi password then this is where you enter it in.
- If you have not yet changed your password or simply do not know it the manufacturer has a default password on the wireless router - usually on the bottom or back of the device.
- After you type in your password, click connect and you are connected!
- Tip- click show password to ensure you type more complicated passwords in correctly but beware that onlookers will be able to see your password as well.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/