How do I add clock, weather, and HTML5 widgets to a template using XhibitSignage.com?
After adding media and playlists to a template, you can also take advantage of clocks, webpages, and HTML5 widgets. These media types add an extra layer of dynamism to your template, making it current and customizable. The following knowledge base article explores these options and shows you how to add each one step-by-step.
What You'll Need
- Mvix Xhibit
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to add these options to a template.
Adding a Clock Zone
- Log into XhibitSignage.com, hover your mouse over the "Templates" tab on the top menu bar, and click the "Create Template" option from the drop-down menu. Next, select the "Widget" category from the top and click the "clock" icon from the sidebar on the left, and a clock zone will appear on your template canvas.
- To customize the clock, select the pen icon near the bottom right corner, and a window will appear - from here you can choose between the "Analog" or "Digital" formats, as well as making adjustments to the timezone.
- Click "Save" when finished to finalize your changes. You can then drag and reposition your zone as desired.
Adding a Web Page
- Once the web page zone has been added to the canvas and sized accordingly, click the "edit" (pencil) icon on the bottom right corner to assign your content to the zone.
- Here, you can choose your desired web url widget from the list of compatible content. Lastly, click "Save" to finalize your selection.
Adding an HTML5 Widget
- To add an HTML5 widget, select the "Media" category from the top and click the "HTML-code" icon from the sidebar below. The appropriate zone will then appear on your template canvas. As with the other zones, this can be moved anywhere on the template. This zone can be resized and repositioned as necessary.
For more information about creating templates, please view the following videos:
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket at www.mvixusa.com/support/